First aid for wasp sting

In the summer months encounter wasps can be almost anywhere - at the cottage in the woods, in a city park on the street or on the loggia. Typically, these insects are not the first person to attack. But if you wave your hands or accidentally stepped on a wasp, its sting is inevitable.  CPR and first aid through the bite of wasp

With the wasps should always be very careful, because their bite not only causes a very unpleasant and painful, but can cause allergic reactions, up to angioedema or anaphylactic shock, which, without the provision of timely medical care can lead to death. Therefore, everyone should know and be able to provide first aid for wasp sting.

Going to the nature of better safe than sorry and seek to advance the allergist to find out whether you are allergic to wasp venom. If the analysis shows that it is, then you will need to be several times more careful, because a wasp sting can be fatal for you.

First aid for wasp sting: the symptoms of the bite

When a wasp sting develop local and general (allergic, toxic) reactions. In the area of ​​the bite, a strong burning, itching and pain, swelling and redness develop.

If the person at the same time a few wasps sting, then it develops a toxic reaction. In this case, in addition to the local reaction that occurs on the site of the bite, the victim begins severe headache, increased body temperature, there is vomiting, seizures can occur.

An allergic reaction does not occur in all people, but only those who have a individual hypersensitivity (idiosyncrasy) to Hymenoptera venom. The degree of its severity may vary. Most often, the victims almost immediately after the bite complain of itching and tingling of the face, tongue, head, hands, and then the whole body. Then they quickly growing weakness, numbness occurs. Person ears swell. Especially dangerous swelling of the throat, as it can lead to death by asphyxiation. There is nausea and then vomiting.

The most dangerous type of allergic reaction if the wasp sting is anaphylaxis. During his victim quickly loses consciousness, he dramatically reduced blood pressure, against the background of what may come respiratory arrest and cardiac activity.

Given all the above, it becomes clear why the bite of wasp first aid must be provided without delay!

First aid for wasp sting

 Apply a hot water bottle with cold water - First aid for wasp sting
 Typically, the wasp does not leave a sting in the human body. Therefore, in most cases you do not need to spend precious time on its search and removal. It is quite another thing, if you crush a wasp on his body. In this case, the sting, of course, should be removed. To do this, use the tweezers. To prevent the introduction of infection into the wound tweezers tips and the skin should be wiped with a solution of hydrogen peroxide, ammonia or ethyl alcohol. Never squeeze the poison from the wound! This is not only effective, but on the contrary, it contributes to further its absorption, and also in this case, the wound infection can be entered.

When a wasp sting first aid must necessarily be aimed at preventing further absorption of the poison and the development of an allergic reaction. To do this:

  • Giving the victim as much as possible drink, preferably strong hot sweet tea.
  • On the site of the bite should be put an ice pack, water bottle with cold water or a wet towel. Cold causes vasospasm, which in turn slows the further absorption of poison in the body. Remember, keep ice on the skin can be no longer than 30 minutes, after which the bubble should be removed!
  • To prevent the development of allergic reaction to the affected should be given a tablet of any antihistamine (diphenhydramine, suprastin, tavegil, Claritin, etc.). Also, the victim should be allowed to drink 25 - 30 drops kordiamina. This medication will prevent a sharp drop in blood pressure.

To reduce the severity of pain and swelling to the site of the bite can be soaked in water to make the tablet validol or make a cold compress of fresh juice of half a lemon. No way in the provision of first aid for wasp stings do not give the victim alcohol! They contribute to a further increase in edema, and also aggravate the toxic and allergic reactions.

If the victim shows signs of toxic or allergic reactions after rendering him first aid should be sure to bring a team of emergency or take him to the nearest medical institution independently. With the development of anaphylactic shock, accompanied by cardiac arrest and breathing, immediately start resuscitation (chest compressions, ventilation), and hold them before the arrival of the ambulance.

If you are allergic

If you suffer from allergies, especially if you are allergic to Hymenoptera venom, then starting in the summer in the country, be sure to bring your allergist issued "passports patients with allergic disease." It should contain full name of the owner, his phone number and home address, diagnosis, doctor allergist phone number, and a detailed list of all the activities that must be done in the case of biting wasps, bees and other Hymenoptera. In addition, the passport is required to bring a syringe and all medicines needed for first aid by the bite of wasp (listed in your passport).

Bee sting - First aid for children and adults
First aid for drowning - species action rules
First aid for shock - the types of shocks, the extent, the reasons